Presentations in the Community
Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
In addition to these larger events, Noemi Marquez, LCSW, and her team of clinicians, have also served as clinical experts at various community trainings and events for clinicians, medical professionals, legal professionals, teachers, and families.
- June 13, 2019- National Association of Social Workers, Florida Conference- "Integrating Affirmative and Trauma-Informed Care: LGB & TGD Children and Youth in Child Welfare". Orlando,Florida.
- March 9, 2019- TransCon "Parental Acceptance and Supporting Your Gender Diverse Child's Mental Health"
- February 8, 2019- “Gender & Orientation Basics”. For University of Miami Research Team.
- January 25, 2019 – “Serving Gay & Transgender Youth and Their Families with Compassion & Ethical Awareness”. Lunch & Learn for Family Court Judiciary, Attorneys and other Professionals. In partnership with the Yes Institute.
- December 13, 2018- “Interventions with Gender Diverse Children & Families”. For Miami-Dade County Public School Counselors
- April 24, 2018- "Integration of Transgender and Gender Diverse Affirmative Knowledge in the Explicit Curriculum of Three Undergraduate Social Work Courses" Poster Presentation- At the 2nd Annual Doctoral Symposium at Barry University.
- April 4, 2018- "Getting Real About Gender & Orientation: Foster Care Series", His House Children's Home.
- March 21, 2018- "Getting Real About Gender & Orientation: Foster Care Series" His House Children's Home
- March 9, 2018- "Therapy with Transgender and Non-binary Clients and Their Families"- At the Institute for Child & Family Health in partnership with the Yes Institute.
- March 3, 2018- TransCon Miami Presentations including Kids Gender Expression through Arts &Crafts, Fashion, Performance Hour (ages 4-12) sessions onand Parent Round Table. At Barry University as sponsored by the Aqua Foundation.
- February 16, 2018- "Therapist with Clients & Families Impacted by Sexual Orientation Stigma" - At the Institute for Child & Family Health in partnership with the Yes Institute.
- November, 2017 Transgender Day of Remembrance Volunteer and Resource Table at Barry University.
- March 4, 2017- TransCon Miami Presentations including Creative Art and Painting Activities for Gender Diverse Kids and Parent Chat Session at Barry University as sponsored by the Aqua Foundation.
- December 6, 2016- Research and Interventions for Specific Populations & Self Care. Specific Populations included Trauma/ Foster Care; LGBTQA+, Bulling, and Sex Trafficking. For the Behavior Management Teachers of Emotionally Behaviorally Disturbed classes of Miami Dade County Public Schools.
- December 2, 2016 Children’s Courthouse Presentation on Child Parent Psychotherapy Research Outcomes and it’s Success in Treatment: Case Examples and Procedures to Provide Direct Services. For Michigan Judges and their staff. Invited by Judge Cindy Lederman in collaboration with the University of Miami’s Linda Ray Early Intervention Center.
- November 18, 2016- Transgender Day of Remembrance Volunteer and Resource Table at Barry University
- October 21, 2016- Interventions with Gender Diverse Students. For SAFE Network Liaisons from Miami Dade County Public Schools.
- October 17, 2016- Team Approach to Dealing with Difficult Behaviors. For the Behavior Management Teachers of Emotionally Behaviorally Disturbed classes of Miami Dade County Public Schools.
- October 15, 2016- Counsel & Connect presentation at The Different Drummer Family Group at Sunserve. This Group is for parents and children under 11 years old that identify at Gender Diverse.
- March 15, 2016- “Suicide & Violence Prevention with Youth & Families Dealing with Gender & Orientation Topics” at the Barry University School of Social Work professional Development with the Yes Institute
- February 2016- Child Brain Development: Research- based Approach to Enhancing Your Child’s Brain Development: Facts and Tips for Caregivers at Counsel & Connect, Inc.
- January 30, 2016- “Affirmative Care: Clinical & Community-based Suicide & Violence Prevention with Youth & Families Dealing with Gender Expressive and Gender Transitioning Youth” for National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Members at Florida International University in partnership with the Yes Institute text
- May 15, 2015- “Creating a Safe Experience for LGBTQA Student Interns & Clients” at Florida International University Social Work Field Instructor Recognition Breakfast.
- December 3, 2014 – Promoting Responsive Routines and High Quality Environments- partnership with FDLRS to provide research based information and techniques to COPE Day Care staff. COPE is the Miami-Dade County Public Schools program for teenage girls that are pregnant through the first moths of the baby’s birth until they can return to a different setting. They provide day care services onsite for the mothers that attend.
- October 16, 2014- SAMHSA Webinar for CLC & TA Network (English & Spanish) “Comunicación Y Educación Sobre Generó Y Orientación! En Sistemas de Cuidado-Participa en una Discusion Abierta y Autentic” for Care Agencies in Puerto Rico with the Yes Institute
- October 6, 2014- Promoting Parent Participation: Research based outcomes for children’s whose school was able to increase parent involvement and implementation techniques- For school psychologist and school counselors